About Me

My photo
I am well into my 30s and realize that I see the world differently than most of the people in my life. My views and beliefs are eclectically infused by my multi-racial background, love of the triune, over active brain, dual handedness and open mind to way too many things.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Love is in the Air

As the 14th of February closes in on me I realize that for the first time in my life... really the first time ever... after 36 long years, I can honestly say that I have a Valentine. Don't get me wrong I have had dates, and attention, and as a first grade teacher I have had more than my fair share of rectangular cards with a sweet treats attached. But I really have a love to share the holiday with. I am not nervous or worried and to be honest we have no real plans. I was talking about love to my dad and explaining that I have always preferred singleness to relationships because they are just too stressful. I was always aware that they all were not like this, I have watched my parents navigate through great and terrible times all the while staring into each other's eyes for support, definition and companionship. But I never had that. I always thought love (for me) came with a burden of anxiety, unbalance and way too much stress. A part of me thought I would be single forever and really had few problems with that (outside of the Jesus rules I work hard to follow... if you know what I am saying). But next week I will cuddle on the couch eating something yummy and watching a movie that I am sure only one of us will like. And I will be filled with happiness. And I never would have thought that this man who is the full on version of my opposite would be the person God would use to send me such love and happiness.

 So as you admire your flowers and cards, eat your chocolates, or hang out single just know that somewhere in the city a big eyed girl is smiling!!

No comments:

Post a Comment